Search RoHo Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Meal No. 463: Tuna Medallions with Bontemps Sauce

Oh, Monday, Monday. It's almost time for me to hit the road for this week's work up in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. But my need to cook up a meal remains insistent, so there will be no quick grab of a cajun fillet biscuit at Bojangle's on my way up US 220 this evening.

Instead, a quick afternoon feast:


These are pan-seared tuna medallions with a quick bontemps sauce, with Israeli couscous and French-style green beans. Wow.


Update: In the comments below, I've received an admonition about what I more properly ought to call the couscous above. While there is perhaps an understandable political or cultural agenda that might have propelled my commenter to challenge my nomenclature, I also recognize that this particular couscous is also known as "Pearl Couscous." I might just have to consider using that second name more frequently, even though I like having a single searchable term in mind whenever I want to look up past meals.


3 comments:

amirstone said...

The claim that couscous is Israeli food false claim.
Couscous known food in Morocco, which originally Palestinian food known as Maftool
Its old traditional food of Palestinian heritage and still common.

Ray said...

Food origins and common food names are not always aligned with one another, thanks to the way language works and evolves. In order to identify the contents of the menus on this personal blog, I've opted to use the common and commercial names for most foods rather than try to trace their lineage and origin.

amirstone said...

Unfortunately, thanks to the deployment Israelis and the Western world's sympathy with them trying to hide the Palestinian identity.
And attributing everything in Palestinian heritage for themselves. It civilized political struggle