Search RoHo Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

First Grass-Cutting of 2012

As noted in one of last week's blog posts, the lack of cold this winter and the early onset of spring weather turned my yard into a nightmare. The winter weeds got a foothold and they've done a heckuva job ruining major portions of the yard. My treatment last week of Weed-B-Gon seems to have stunted many of the weeds that had taken root, but not all the problem growth was killed completely.

On this Monday of glorious perfect spring weather, with warm sun and pleasant breezes, it seemed time to drag out the lawnmower for the first cutting of the year. Not only was the growth thick and there were too many patches that were choked and overgrown, but all that thick stuff had trapped a lot of the weekend's rain. So the thing that was enough of a problem just got that much worse. I should have kept track of how many times I had to empty the mulch bag on the back of the mower.


But, as always, even with my grass in bad shape, a freshly-trimmed lawn always looks mighty good to me.

I can also tell you that, by mid-evening tonight, I was really feeling it all over my body, too. Guess I'm more out of shape that I thought, and guess also that it was a harder job to tackle than I should have allowed it to get.

No comments: