Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sour Cream Pound Cake / Bundt Coffee Cake

When I managed to awake at the ridiculously early hour of 4 am this morning, I found myself in the kitchen that I enjoy so much and got cranking on making a pile of desserts and goodies.

Tomorrow I'll be up in Warrenton, Virginia, for an update session for Project CRISS trainers. With everybody's budgets so tight, I have a suspicion that there may not be foodstuffs for all of us to help us get through that very long day.

So here's one thing I made to take with me:


This is the sour cream pound cake recipe from McCormick (the spices, seasonings, and extracts folks). The special ingredient that isn't available everywhere is their vanilla butter and nut extract/flavoring. It's always good, so I'm hoping it goes over well with any of tomorrow's takers.

The another goodie that I made in the wee hours of this morning was what we've always referred to as the Bundt coffee cake:


I did have my usual problem of a couple of patches sticking to the pan, where the swirl filling sunk down too low and bound itself to the bakeware. I bet it will still taste delicious, nonetheless.

No comments: