Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Meal No. 447: Chicken Piccata, Sort Of...


While it was a bit of a grand meal to throw together with only about an hour to spare before hitting the road for this week's work, I managed to whip up a spread last night that gave me a huge dose of happy belly.


This is a version of chicken piccata, although the choice to leave out the capers (I don't hate them but I do not choose them) could have rendered this chicken dish into something more akin to "cutlets with garlicky-lemon sauce." I added to it a rare side dish, called sweet onion corn bake, that has probably only made one or two other Roediger House appearances in the nine years I've lived here. And asparagus is always good.


And hey: I even started off the meal with a garden salad topped with homemade buttermilk-blue cheese (well, gorgonzola) dressing.



"Chicken Piccata," in Cuisine at Home (clipping / date unknown).

"Sweet Onion Corn Bake," by Jeanette Travis (Fort Worth, TX). In Taste of Home, April-May 2003.

"Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Dressing," from Southern Living, February 2006, p. 137.

No comments: