Search RoHo Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Meal No. 444: Pipetizer Casserole

On this chilly Monday evening, I made an overdue trek up to a/perture cinema, an independent movie house just up the street from the Roediger House, to take in this sensational new film, The Artist. The idea for catching the film came from dear friend Edna Green, when she came for dinner last week. We wanted to make sure we caught it before it closed up and was replaced by some other independent or art house selection.

Joining us was my cousin Marilyn, who has also only recently been to the house for the first time. On that previous occasion, I forgot to take her picture, and I remedied this tonight.

For dinner, which I enticed Marilyn to stick around for, I whipped up pipetizer casserole, because it was easy to throw together and it would serve whatever number of people happened to still be around when it came out of the oven.




"Pipetizer Casserole" is an adaptation of "Tailgate Casserole," from The Big Book of Casseroles, by Maryana Vollstedt. San Francisco: Chronicle Books (2000), p. 120.

No comments: