Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Mascot Makes Dessert

This past Saturday morning, the Roediger House got the full Phillis family treatment: a visit from parents Susan and Jim; and all three of their children: Bradley, Bethany, and Benjamin. For those guys, I wanted to have one of my oldest recipes, reaching all the way back to about 8th grade...something we've always just called "Bundt Coffee Cake." It went well with the coffee that only a few of us partook of, but I don't think it was considered shabby by those who washed it down with glasses of water.

That evening, when the dear and delightful Edna Green came over for dinner (now that she's my nearby neighbor), I also cranked out some home-made dessert: lemon buttermilk sherbet.


So, that meant dessert Saturday night could be a delicious combination of both the cake and the home-made sherbet. As sweet finishers go, this definitely worked.

No comments: