Search RoHo Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Prosciutto Wraps


What you're looking at in the picture above is a new addition to the Roediger House appetizer stable.

Thanks to a great evening spent with former 7th grade student Brendan Shanley, and his folks Carol and Fred Wood, I've come home with another good Brendan recipe. The prior dish idea I've regularly called "Brendan's Moroccan Bistro Chicken," which is not the name he gave it but I needed some label for it.

This time, it's the appetizer he served up before dinner got underway, something that tasted complex and good but which is also reasonable and simple to execute. I gave it a try a couple of days ago before one of my own dinners at home. Inspired by his example, I worked up my own take on it, as follows:


Some nice thin proscuitto parma.


Escarole lettuce.


A mixture of herbed goat cheese, currants, and pine nuts.


All rolled together into a hand-held treat.

Not only did I enjoy a terrific annual Christmas visit with Brendan and his family, but I got this added bonus. Score!

No comments: