Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Meal No. 435: Steak, At Last!

Man-o-man, have I been really hankering for a steak. And I keep not getting around to grilling any to satisfy this craving. My one recent close call/attempt was totally mucked up by heavy winds and an unexpected rain shower.

But you should have seen how glorious the weather was today. Imagine: it's January 31 and the temps got up into the upper 60s, with great sunshine. That's why I had to hit the Bethabara Park Greenway Trail with Cyprus today, to take advantage of this while I could. And it's also why I put aside my original plans for tonight's dinner in favor of grilling a porterhouse steak, setting up the deep fat fryer for shoestring fries, and foil-packet grilling some young Vidalia onions with rosemary, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar.

I think I'm about to explode. It was a lot of food, and it was awesome.

I found myself driving down to Richmond County, where I'm working the rest of this week, with a simultaneously satisfied and discomfited belly.

As if you needed that info right now.

No comments: