Search RoHo Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

Meal No. 365: Penne Carbonara

Well, technically, it's been a year's worth of meals now in the Roediger House, since the completion of the kitchen as part of the addition done in 2008-2009. Tonight, when I came in from working in Richmond County, NC, I made the 365th meal, as I've been tallying these.

Since I did not go out and do any grocery shopping, supper this evening depended on the staples on hand. That led me to the recipe I got from my good friend Monie Lawrence, a parent of a 7th grader I taught lo those many years ago in Raleigh. The dish pictured is penne carbonara.

This was probably the best it's ever tasted when I was the one making it, so it was perfect for this Friday night back at home for the weekend.

And there were a couple of small helpings leftover, which will be perfect for Saturday lunch. Guess I just managed to get the right balance of seasonings and thickening and onion and bacon, because it sure was mighty good.

No comments: