Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hurray for Downtown Winston-Salem!


My good friend Cindy Coulson, a former resident of Winston-Salem herself, recently alerted me to some good news about downtown Winston-Salem. It seems that we are on some Top Ten lists for great downtowns, including #2 on Livability.com's compilation, and #8 on the list put together by Forbes magazine.


I certainly have experienced only a limited number of downtowns (and I was pretty surprised that Charlottesville did not make either list), and so I don't guess I had a concept of how we might stack up.

But this is pretty darned cool, if you ask me.


I definitely feel lucky that this is the house I get to live in. And I also like how interesting and vibrant the downtown has become. There is no shortage of cool things to walk to or walk home from, and I can even stay at home and let the fun things come right past the house (such as the Winston-Salem Bike Criterium, the Christmas Parade, or the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure).

No comments: