Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Southwestern U.S. Tour: Day 1

To get out to the west coast, the flight I chose was to Las Vegas, which is not a town I like very much. So it was off the plane and straight into a rental car, and get the heck out of Dodge! My intent was to make it all the way to Kernville, CA, where my night's lodging was to be. And there is not a direct route, thanks to two of Mother Nature's monstrous wonders: Death Valley and the Sierra Nevada mountain range.


I chose a path that allowed me to drive pretty much up the entire length of Death Valley where, at one point, the car temperature gauge did reach 110°F. Here's the stop I made for picture taking, at Badwater Basin:


From there, it was a beautiful drive, but a long one, to reach my scheduled motor lodge to complete Day One of the tour of the southwestern United States.

No comments: