Search RoHo Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Southwestern U.S. Tour: Day 5

This was my work day on this great vacation. Well, sort of a work day. I don't know if Trevor did it for me, of if I was doing it for him, but Mr. LaFauci invited me to come observe his World History class at Coleman Tech Charter High School in San Diego. It was great to have a chance to see Trevor in action again. He taught a couple of years in Winston-Salem after he finished at Wake Forest, but I think he is now permanently lost to us with his relocation to sunny San Diego.


Before going to see Trevor teach, though, I had to make at least one trip to the California institution In-N-Out Burgers. And it was a simple and great burger with fresh-cut shoestring fries. If only they also featured Pepsi instead of Coke.


And while it was tempting to go downtown to the Gaslamp Quarter to have fancy-dancy sushi at NOBU, because there's a dress code and because many reviews said they were awfully pricey, I took the easy route and hit the Hillcrest neighborhood for local favorite Ono. It also just so happens that they have happy hour on Mondays, with half-priced sushi rolls and half-priced beer. Lucky me.

Tonight had the additional indulgence of dessert: pinkberry.

No comments: