Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Meal No. 352: Filets with Cognac Cream Sauce

Ah, it's good to be home.

And it's good to be able to eat a really good steak and not be somewhere I'm having to pay thirty or forty bucks for it.



On my trips this month, I drove past so many hayfields and so many cow pastures, I kept thinking about steak. But once I sat down in a restaurant, I just couldn't get myself to shell out big bucks for a meal that I can fix every bit as delicious at home. That led me to choose filet mignon for the first post-vacation meal tonight.

Homemade blue cheese dressing on salad started it all off.

I sought to fancy up tonight's meal by adding a brandy-roquefort butter to the steaks once they were grilled, and then also topping it with a cognac cream sauce. The roasted garlic-parmesan asparagus and fresh, sweet corn-on-the-cob, along with mashed potatoes, made this a huge supper. I paid for it later.

No comments: