Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Meal No. 349: Hamburger Supreme


Sure, I was tempted to jump back into the kitchen I'd missed so much and get right back to putting together fun and intriguing meals. But not today. Instead, the day seemed to call for one of the faithful standbys, a meal that's been in our family ever since my sister Janice learned it from her first mother-in-law in Buies Creek, back in the 1970s. This is a simple casserole of browned ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, cream cheese, minced onion, and ketchup, with crescent rolls on top to form an easy crust. For me, it always calls for sweet corn on the side. Tonight I did at least go to the extra trouble to make home-made blue cheese dressing, which was good for the greening of this colorless meal.





"Hamburger Supreme," from the late Mrs. John T. (Glynn) Johnson of Buies Creek, North Carolina, via Janice Jones Bodenhamer.

No comments: