Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meal No. 343: Grilled Caribbean Jerk Pork Chops

Regular blog readers know of my propensity to return quickly to a just-made recipe if it really strikes my fancy. That was the case with Meal No. 336 earlier in the month.


With five folks having supper here tonight, and the value pack of pork chops there for the taking at the Harris Teeter, that made it an easy call for tonight's menu. Caribbean Jerk Pork Chops cooked on a hot grill came out just right, and the special spiced-up barbecue sauce made all the flavors hum.


I was also willing to so quickly repeat the butter-drenched boiled potatoes like those I fixed last Friday night for another dinner party.

Since it was a later dinner, I went ahead and made spicy garlic shrimp as an appetizer. I used slightly larger shrimp than usual, and I did have a harder time peeling them, but we scarfed them down right quick.

And for dessert, lemon supreme cheesecake:




"Caribbean Jerk Pork Chops," from Food & Wine, June 2011, p. 88.

No comments: