Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Meal No. 340: Pork Medallions with Dijon Mushroom Sauce

Dinner at the Roediger House often means multiple places are being set. When I snap up some pork tenderloin because it's half-off, I need several mouths to feed, and tonight there were willing accomplices in this endeavor.

I think of my cooking obsession as really beginning about 10 years ago, when I finished up my spartan living On Grounds at the University of Virginia and finally had a kitchen again. My mother helped me get things cranking by picking up a copy of Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks recipe magazine in the grocery checkout line. Since it was the Bake-Off issue, it was full of especially good ideas for meals and desserts. One of the first ones we tried was Pork Medallions with Dijon Mushroom Sauce, and that was the meal on this happy summer evening.

Of course, a picture like this one makes it look like I was cooking for Engine Company No. 9.


I got the cream sauce a little too salty, but all-in-all, this meal was none too shabby.






Frank Hollands, "Pork Medallions with Dijon Mushroom Sauce," from Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks: A Taste of the Bake-Off, March 2001, p. 41.

No comments: