Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Meal No. 326: Two Versions of Wahoo


I've never made wahoo before (also known as ono in Hawaii, I've been told). For this inaugural adventure into a new kind of fish at the Roediger House, I decided to give the two fillets different treatments. On one, I put some of the Park Hill spice and mustard rub, since I had it on hand for the salmon the other night. On the other, I put Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic (which would be much better if I'd pan-seared the fish). Both were good.


I also tried another new risotto recipe, with moderate results. A third new thing tonight was broccoli with pine nuts and parmesan, and while the broccoli could have been cooked a bit longer, it was still worth all the extra crunching. I was happy that there was still some of last night's peasant rosemary bread, which reheated nicely while the fish was baking.



"Creamy Baked Risotto," from Cook's Country, April/May 2010, p. 23.

"Skillet Broccoli with Garlic, Pine Nuts, and Parmesan," from Cook's Country, October/November 2010, p. 23 (yes! same page but different issue!).

No comments: