Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weekend of Pies

The ideas I had for desserts over the long and good Memorial Day weekend didn't exactly come to fruition. But I did get a couple of pies made to go along with the Saturday and Monday night meals.

The first is key lime pie:


And my fridge has been so stuffed I actually had to chill the key lime pie in the wetbar cooler, which normally is only graced with beer, wine, and sodas:


The second is that irresistible chocolate cream pie published to the Food Network website by Emeril Lagasse:



David Wald and I put the chocolate pie together and then he had the good sense to adorn it with some of the fresh-made whipped cream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Crusty.

Ray said...

You can say that again. Maybe even 3.14 times more.

Anonymous said...

I made key lime pie over Memorial Day weekend too! That chocolate pie looks delish.