Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Possum Possibilities

Here at the end of June, it was necessary to say goodbye to guests who, I thought, were leaving all too early. The crew from New Orleans departed this afternoon, with the couples each heading off to spend the rest of this week with family in New York and New Jersey.

Today was also a chance to say goodbye to an unwanted guest: a young possum. Once the New Orleans folks had left, I set up my Havahart® trap and baited it with pork gristle and peanut butter. Within a few hours, I had my yard possum trapped.

The same one who had gotten into the house a while back? I have no idea, although I do know that this trapped one is one ugly rascal, whereas the wall-siddling baby possum that I almost trapped in the north parlour was a veritable cutie in comparison.




Once I'd given Cyprus a chance to check out this rascal, we climbed up in the truck with the trap in the back, and I drove 10 miles out into the country before finding a nice low field next to a creek for releasing him. He scurried away quickly!

No comments: