Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mysteries & Wonders of Mid-June

While I was in Richmond last week, an item mysteriously appeared in the small patch of sideyard on the north side of the house. This is right outside the dining room bay and the new eating nook/bay of the kitchen addition. Someone dropped off an old gas grill.


I guess I should send word to the Winston-Salem police department, in case someone reported a grill as stolen. But I have a feeling some local renter or, perhaps, a downtown baseball stadium-goer, might have reached a point of no longer needing this grill. The tank is gone and I've not inspected it. Only photographed it, because that's what you'd want me to do to keep you well-informed of the Roediger House happenings.

Also, I was pleased to see that the day lilies are getting set to show themselves off. Here's the first bloom of the year: