Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Meal No. 301: Babyback Pork Ribs


Tonight had been set aside for a bunch of us to gather for Trivial Pursuit, a game that I do not like very much, so I simply offered to be the chef and left every one else to the competition. With babyback pork ribs on sale this week at half price at the Harris Teeter, it helped make my decision for me. I'd been wanting to try ribs again, since I'm new to that as an entree, but I wanted something other than grilling them. This recipe involves the CrockPot for the majority of the cooking time.


Alongside I had some more of that mac-n-cheese dish called "Three Cheese Pasta Bake," and some creamy stuffed eggs based on a recipe I got from good friends Jim and Barbara Huneycutt up in Charlottesville.


Thanks for reading the blog, folks!


"Sweet and Sour Sticky Ribs," from America's Test Kitchen Slow Cooker Revolution, 2011, p. 147.

Three Cheese Pasta Bake, from Anna Olson on LifeStyle FOOD.

No comments: