Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Meal No. 278: Filets and Fries

When it comes to grilling steaks, for me there is nothing better than a good medium rare filet mignon or beef tenderloin. And I was antsy to give steaks another go after being a little underwhelmed by those I made recently (even though the Asian BBQ sauce that night was amazing). That's what led to last night's meal here at the Roediger House.


The earlier part of last evening involved a joint birthday celebration, just up the street at the Old Fourth Street Filling Station. But that was not where I got my dinner. With the hot water heater serving the main floor of the house back up and running, I was anxious to get back to cooking a meal here at the house. And I did.

For the first time this spring, I broke out the deep fat fryer so that there would be french fries. In spite of the rain.


The filets cooked up beautifully on the grill out on the front porch.


Both the steaks and the fries were just about as perfect as they can get. And the Abita Turbodog in a cold bottle helped wash it all down.

No comments: