Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Meal No. 266: Beef Tenderloin

Even though there was a big ol' party at the Roediger House last night, with all the attendant clean-up and chores surrounding it, I was ready to whip up a big meal for a gathering of six around the kitchen table for tonight's meal.


This is what I do when these things go on sale: I have to buy them, and then people have to indulge my culinary madnesses and come partake. To go along with the beef tenderloin in wine sauce, there was a different take on the three-cheese pasta bake from several days ago, and a layered green bean casserole. I pulled out some madeira stilton demiglace sauce left over from my rack of lamb meal and also prepped a creamy horseradish sauce.


Dessert: some very light and tasty vanilla bean cheesecake bars.




"Beef Tenderloin in Wine Sauce" (p. 296) and "Spicy Horseradish Sauce" (p. 295) from The All-New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook. Compiled and Edited by Julie Fisher Gunter. Oxmoor Press (2006).

"Layered Green Bean Casserole," a Jones family favorite.

No comments: