Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Meal No. 261: Barbecued Chicken Kebabs

The drive to keep trying out new recipes continues. With a picture-perfect, glorious, and sunny April Sunday lifting my spirits and giving me some joyful quiet time outdoors, I found myself drawn again to a grilling recipe. Tonight's palate-pleaser, a couple of pages ahead of the recipe I used last night in the latest Cook's Illustrated, was for barbecued chicken kebabs.


Here's an interesting twist that might intrigue (or repulse) you: the raw chicken meat gets a good spice rub that includes raw bacon that's been processed into a paste.


The barbecue sauce that is used both at the end of the grilling and then also passed at the table was a terrific balance of sweet and potent. I can see pulling it out for other meals in the future, whether it involves grilling or not.


Once again, I gave a head of cauliflower the cumin-coriander treatment and roasted it in a 450°F oven. Baby limas were the vegetable representative.


"Rescuing Barbecued Chicken Kebabs," in Cook's Illustrated, Number 110, May-June 2011, p 6-7.

"Cumin-Coriander Cauliflower," from Cuisine at Home, Issue No. 85, February 2011

No comments: