Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Meal No. 256: Plank Salmon with Maple-Ginger Glaze

A few years ago, my sister and her husband very thoughtfully gave me some cedar planks for grilling steaks or fish. I must confess: I'd not yet gotten around to using them. But I've wanted to, and after a trip to Sam's Club over the weekend, decided to get a large slab of salmon and give this a try.


The result was tasty and I can see bringing this back again. It was plenty for three and would be a sufficient but potentially light meal for four.


I also tried a side dish that was brand-new for me: Israeli couscous. I looked at a couple of different recipes for preparing it and combined the best of both and threw in a few other ideas, notions, and shenanigans, including some toasted pine nuts. That worked out exceptionally well.


"Cedar Plank Salmon with Maple-Ginger Glaze" from the Food Network Magazine, April 2011, p. 105.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were given a grilling plank for Xmas and I have yet to use it. Any specific advice around successfully using the plank? We had a friend make salmon on a plank with a mayo sauce that was outstanding...I hope to try that out soon.