Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meal No. 255: Penne Carbonara

After a good week working again in Frederick County, VA, I was glad to be wrapping up early yesterday afternoon so that I could head home. After all, while NC was enjoying temps in the mid-60s on Friday, it was cold, rainy, and 46°F in Winchester and Stephens City. Yuck.


So, of course it was not a thrill to go out to my car and find that it had a flat tire. Somehow, between schools mid-day, I managed to pick up quite a hunk of metal, and it did its dirty darnedest to my tire.


Cold and rainy, I'm dressed up for working, and I've got a flat tire. Glad I have AAA.


It was a bit nerve-wracking to drive home at that much reduced spare-tire-speed with all the traffic blasting past me and running up on me. And it took nearly five and a half hours to get home, instead of the usual 4.5. Last night's supper was at Pancho Villa, not at home!


Out of town for a week, flat tire on the way home, didn't get nearly as warm today as promised, and then it was storming. I took the easy way out and made another pasta carbonara meal to get me through this Saturday night.

No comments: