Search RoHo Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Creamy Triple Lemon Pie / Chocolate Cream Pie

I have two desserts from last week to chronicle here.

Creamy Triple Lemon Pie
Recipe from Cuisine at Home, Issue 86 (April 2011), p. 36-37.


A concoction I prepped for dessert after one of last week's good dinners came out of Cuisine at Home, one of the cooking magazines I've got coming to the house. It's called Creamy Triple Lemon Pie, and it is all of those things and more. If I were to rename it to give you a sense of what it's close to tasting like, I'd tell you it's a "key lemon pie." The ingredients are in the same realm but this recipe requires quite a few more steps.

The crust is made of lemon cookies with lemon zest mixed in. The filling is, of course, lemony. But even the whipped cream (which is home-made) has lemon zest in it. There's your triple play of lemon.

So, while it's just a bit more involved than making key lime pie (at least making key lime pie the way I do), the effort paid off.



Emeril's Chocolate Cream Pie
Recipe from The Food Network.


While the creamy triple lemon pie was a first-time creation for me, the other pie from my time at home last week was a definite repeat...and one I was happy to make. This sexy little number (above) is a slice of Emeril's chocolate cream pie, and it really does taste amazing. I had it on hand to serve as dessert following last Friday night's Bed & Breakfast evening for good friends Bassey and Cubby.


I was concentrating on my own good slice of pie and appreciating the nice things this happy couple was saying about the dessert, and it was slow to sink in exactly what Cubby meant when he said it was so creamy it was smearable. Then I looked up to see what they had done to one another.


All in good fun, of course. All in good fun. And glad they kept the pie smearing between themselves.

No comments: