Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

April's Wildlife in the Yard

On this last day of April, 2011, I thought I'd offer up a sampling of this month's frolicking wildlife from the yard.

First up: a lovely male cardinal having supper at the new feeder by one of the kitchen bay windows, with the late afternoon sun catching him just right:


Next, a couple of shots of my busy and hungry finches:



And the yard squirrel Rocky does seem to really appreciate it when I've left some nuts out on the table for him:


Without really thinking about it, I was going to catch him perched on the side of one of the trash trees on the back wall, but then he leaped just as I was snapping. Late afternoon and the light is off, but I like the blur and poise:


And you faithful blog readers know I enjoy my hawk sightings, but these rascals seldom give me enough time to set up any good shots. So a couple of days ago, I looked up in time to see him alight on the fence outside the kitchen bay windows and snagged a quick photo before he was off again:

No comments: