Search RoHo Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

New Kitchen Window Feeder

One of the great features of the new kitchen is the eating nook/bay with its great windows and all the light they let in. I've got my old man's chair set up in front of the fireplace and it gives me a pretty good view out to the big squirrel-proof feeder that my mom got me years ago.


Last weekend I added another feeder, hanging outside one of the windows to give me another take on the bird action outside.


I do recognize a couple of huge drawbacks to it, though: it is very squirrel-accessible, and it has a bottom tray that will make it possible for oversized and greedy mourning doves to camp out there and gorge themselves.

It did not take long for my resident squirrel to go for this feeder, and I didn't even think about him using the windowscreen to accomplish this.





It appears that he is indeed a male, by the way.

No comments: