Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Meal No. 239: Swiss Chicken & Stuffing

As is so often the case, Monday was my last day at home before hitting the highway for a week's worth of work up in Virginia. And while I could take it easy and just worry about packing and going through pestering details and mail and bills, instead I saw the afternoon as one more chance to cook something and enjoy the pleasures of the Roediger House kitchen.


The simple meal that appealed to me Monday afternoon: one that was introduced to me (I think) by good University of Virginia friend and cross-country co-pilot Sheryl Cohen. (I may also have come across this recipe thanks to another dear friend, Cindy Coulson...and the source is probably written on the recipe card in my recipe book, come to think of it.) Most recipe sites name it "Swiss Chicken" or "Swiss Chicken Casserole." I guess it's casserole-y enough, but that's not quite how I think of it, so we'll just label it Swiss chicken and stuffing for the purposes of this blog post.


And I still managed to meet my 6 pm departure deadline so that it was not so ridiculously late getting up to Winchester.

No comments: