Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winter Lament: Running from Hot to Cold

Warm weather: good. Cold weather: bad. Yesterday, I sat right up there on that south side of the front porch of the house, enjoying the sunshine and reading a book and watching the birds. It was around 72 degrees at 4 pm.


A little more than six hours later, I was driving in 28-degree weather on a sleet-covered Interstate 81 hoping to arrive safely at my hotel in Winchester, where I am working this week.

Or not. This winter weather that I ran into led to a closure of Frederick County Schools on Tuesday, leaving me stranded in my hotel with a day to kill. I guess this is the nature of the beast, but boy-howdy, I wish I could have predicted there'd be no school and still be enjoying the pleasures and comforts of the Roediger House! Especially since when I don't work, I don't get paid, of course.

At 7 am this morning, looking out my hotel window in Winchester:


Which means there will be no afternoon enjoying Daily Grind coffee on the Loudoun Street mall, as was the case late one lovely fall afternoon back in October:

No comments: