Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meal No. 225: Pipetizer Casserole

What a great Saturday night, spent casually with friends over good food. I don't think it's exactly a rut yet, but this day just called for another pan of Pipetizer Casserole.


I managed to make it even cheesier, I think, without keeping it from being worth a second and even third trip to the casserole dish to reload the plate.


It was a night where I'm reminded of why I wanted the kitchen to be designed like this: easy space for entertaining and a place to while a way several hours in good company.


There was barely room for it by the end of the evening, but we all managed to choke down a bit of Emermil's chocolate cream pie. Once again, I could not finish my whole piece.




"Pipetizer Casserole" is an adaptation of "Tailgate Casserole," from The Big Book of Casseroles, by Maryana Vollstedt. San Francisco: Chronicle Books (2000), p. 120.

"Emeril's Chocolate Cream Pie," by Emeril Lagasse (2007). Featured on The FoodNetwork.com website.

No comments: