Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meal No. 223: Pork Medallions in Dijon Cream Sauce

Last night's dinner involved reaching into one of my older recipes in order to prepare a meal suitable to the occasion: it was Carrie Lawrence's first visit to the Roediger House since all the renovation and addition work has been done. Plus, it's just been too long since the house was graced with the pleasure of her company, and it was a fun night.

After living five years at the University of Virginia in one of the spartan and historic East Range rooms, which means I had no cooking facilities and simply ate a heckuva lot of turkey sandwiches, I ended up with a tremendous backlog of unfulfilled cooking desires. My dear sweet mother, Allison Jones, gets credit for another one of those thoughtful gestures to help me out: she started me a subscription to some simple recipe magazines. The first one she got me was the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest issue of the Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks magazine. One of the finalist entries was Pork Medallions with a dijon mushroom cream sauce.

I reached back into the vault to bring that one out for last night's meal. It turned out pretty well, methinks, and was made all the better with feta-stuffed bell pepper slices, company mashed potatoes, and green beans.

No comments: