Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Meal No. 203: Turkey Breast Filets

A long day, a long week, a long Christmas holiday. It occurs to me that it has been a month since I have worked, thanks to snow days in December, time scheduled off for the holidays, and then taking this week off with my mother's passing. Yesterday was the day of the burial in Erwin, NC, where my family lived for 10 years while my dad was principal of Erwin School. (I was born in Erwin, just before we moved to Buies Creek.)

My kitchen continues to be a place of retreat and solace, and last night's simple meal would have been really enjoyed by my mother, I think.


On the menu, turkey breast filets with a garlic and parsley butter sauce, along with mashed potatoes and seasoned green beans.


I think I shocked the minced garlic with too-high heat in the skillet, but the flavors in this easy sauce packed good punch.

No comments: