Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meal No. 201: Thai Basil Chicken

In spite of promises and forecasts to the contrary, winter continues to rear its ugly head. Temps for December were significantly colder than normal, and snowfall has already been greater. More wintry weather visited downtown Winston-Salem Monday and Tuesday, but it was a lot of wintry mess. It began as snow and could be lovely coming down, but accumulation looked to be only a bit better than an inch. This was followed by freezing rain and drizzle, so it got a coating of ice to top it off.


Not really all that pretty to look at, is it?

But the need to eat persists, and it was best to stay in and off the roads. I'm glad I had done my stock-up shopping already and was ready with a list of meals to tackle.

This evening, another new one: Thai Chicken with Basil, found in the same issue of Cook's Illustrated as the barbeque I made this weekend.


I already know that if I make this again, I do not want to put quite as much fish sauce in it. That's too much anchovy taste for me. And I fear that I may have overdone the dried chili peppers, because this packed some heat. But the flavor was great.



Cook's Illustrated No. 102, January-February 2010, pp. 12-13.

No comments: