Search RoHo Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Meal No. 184: Pecan-Crusted Chicken Breasts

Tonight's meal (after a few days away at a conference) was another new recipe for me to try out: pecan-crusted chicken breasts. This came from Virginia Willis, author of Bon Appétit Ya'll and was published in the Winston-Salem Journal back in April 2010. It was actually fairly straight-forward to put together but the results made me think I'd whipped up something fancy.


It did remind me just a bit of a pecan crusted chicken dish I used to get at a short-lived New Orleans-inspired restaurant on Glenwood Avenue south in Raleigh, walking distance from my old apartment there when I was teaching in Wake County. With a stupidly large baked potato and some fordhook lima beans, along with a garlic butter sauce, it was A-OK with me.

No comments: