Search RoHo Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Meal No. 169: Hamburger Supreme

Here's another catch-up post so that nary a meal in the Roediger House kitchen gets missed. I'm glad my older sister Janice gained this recipe from her first mother-in-law, and it's been making Jones family members happy for going on 40 years. Affectionately known as hamburger supreme, it's one of those meals I never have to check the recipe for but can swing by a grocery store on my way to anywhere and then be the guy whipping up dinner for a crew. It is often my contribution meal when friends have let me stay with them and I feel like I should offer to cook.


With a cold longneck bottle of Mountain Dew and a good helping of cinnamon applesauce, this was Tuesday afternoon's comforting comfort food before hitting the road for the week's work in Virginia.





"Hamburger Supreme," from the late Mrs. John T. (Glynn) Johnson of Buies Creek, North Carolina, via Janice Jones Bodenhamer.

No comments: