Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Canon Rebel EOS Camera

Pictured here on the right is a recent addition to the Roediger House: a new Canon Rebel EOS camera that I got a few weeks ago. The old 4.0 megapixel Canon Powershot point-and-shoot camera I got about eight years ago just didn't cut the mustard around here. And with the daily blogging I've been doing for some strange reason during 2010, I needed to be able to capture sights and sounds of the world of Roediger without worrying about clarity or quality of the shots. That old Powershot left me with too many blurry or washed-out pictures, and its battery was rather lousy, too.

I got a little inspired when my college suitemates were here for our reunion back in August. Several of them had pretty decent SLR digital cameras and were taking a lot of great shots. It pushed me over from my previously-wavering position and I pulled the trigger and got myself one.

And I love it. It's been taking some mighty fine pictures. Some future blog post is going to offer a sampling of some nighttime photos that turned out very, very cool, by my estimation.

No comments: