Search RoHo Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

Meal No. 151: Hamburger Supreme

After spending time last week on back-to-back trips (one to New Orleans, followed immediately by another to Tampa), I was ready for a meal at home but I needed it to be simple. Simple enough, in fact, that I know the ingredients by heart so that I could swing by the Kernersville Harris Teeter on my way home from the Greensboro airport.

And with the change to fall upon us here in Winston-Salem, why not kick it off with some comfort food?



That brings us to hamburger supreme, a meal that my older sister learned from her first mother-in-law and which has been a staple in the Jones family for 35 years or more. I fixed up the accompaniments that always go along with it for me: corn and applesauce. It was just right for watching the final five episodes of the final season of "Lost" last night.





"Hamburger Supreme," from the late Mrs. John T. (Glynn) Johnson of Buies Creek, North Carolina, via Janice Jones Bodenhamer.

No comments: