Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Air Handler Can't Handle It

So, the saga of the upstairs HVAC unit continues...

I got a call from Peter LaRoque, my general contractor, while I was at my conference in Florida this past weekend, with an update on his report from Webb Heating & A.C. Company. That's who he called in when Greg Barnette of Barnette Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc., of Mocksville, NC, refused to return and fix the problems with the upstairs system.

The determination by the technician was that the coil in the attic-based air handler was the source of the leak, and that falls under warranty on the equipment. A new coil is being ordered and they'll be coming back probably by week's end to replace the defective part.

In the meantime, I wonder how the management of Barnette Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., can sleep at night or look at themselves during the day.

No comments: