Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Meal No. 141: Shrimp Po'Boys

It is a fine Saturday evening on Labor Day weekend, and today was a gorgeous day. It was very relaxing to have coffee on the front porch this morning and to watch the birds at the feeders.

This evening seemed a good time to give Shrimp Po'Boys another go. I'd made them once before, back in May 2010, but I thought the breading on the shrimp that time was too heavy. That time, the recipe I was following involved a batter that cooked up too thick on the shrimp, and it really obscured their flavor.

This time I went with a tempura batter and I liked the result much more. I also dosed 'em up with some remoulade in addition to the onion-garlic mayo from the recipe magazine I was using, but instead of french rolls, I got some good looking deli-made sandwich buns. With some fresh-sliced tomato, a spring mix salad, and a cold Xingu beer, I was happy to settle in for a startling episode ("Hungry Man") of Dexter Season 4 on DVD.



Shrimp Po'Boys: Taste of Home April/May 2003, p. 16.

No comments: