Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Meal No. 131: Brunch for the Boys

A special Saturday morning at the Roediger House, and as part of the Avery House suite reunion, I wanted to whip up what I just call the "brunch meal." I didn't quite go all out, but it did include freshly-cooked bacon, a fancy pot of souped-up scrambled eggs, a Bundt coffee cake, fresh fruit (helpfully cut up by Ronnie Hall), and some creamy cheese grits.



Just as we sat down for the meal, Galen Black [R] arrived, and he is shown here along with Mike Sports [L].



The guys seemed to enjoy it. And I enjoyed the fact that, for the first time in a long time, the coffee cake actually dislodged cleanly from the pan and didn't come all to pieces. This might improve my reputation for my kitchen labors.



After the morning feast, there was time to just sit around and hang out, visiting and looking at photo albums and digesting the morning's repast.

No comments: