Search RoHo Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Dinner in Windsor, Ontario, O Canada

You know that if I had my druthers, I'd be at home at the Roediger House every night, and I'd be cooking up a storm in my kitchen. But that's not the nature of my work as an educational consultant, and on this particular week, it means I'm quite a ways from home. Today and tomorrow, I'm working at the Nataki Talibah Schoolhouse of Detroit, a charter school that I first did training for back in 2005. They very kindly invited me back...there's a large number of new faculty and it was time to get reacquainted with key ideas about teaching and learning and comprehension-based instruction.

Tonight, with brand-new passport in hand, I had the chance to slip across the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor, Ontario, for a walk and drive around and dinner at a reasonably authentic Chinese restaurant. This shot is looking across the Detroit River at downtown Detroit, which looks much better from across the river than it does in person.

No comments: