Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Plumbing Patterns = Concerns

Give me a pattern of events, and I'm considerably more likely to be drawn to a conclusion.

When the plumbers installed the fixtures in the master bath, the General Contractor (Peter LaRoque of LaRoque Construction of Mocksville, NC) told me that the kit was missing a top finial for the drain plunger:



So, plumbers who are trained and licensed and whose livelihood depends on pleased customers, versus a weary underpaid factory line worker in a Delta plant in rural Indiana...who is more likely to have been careless about such a small part as a finial? I knew I'd just need to get ahold of another one and be done with it. It arrived earlier this week, and now finally that faucet looks complete.



But back to the issue of patterns, and who now seems more likely to be at fault for the missing finial...
  1. Remember the shaky shower control?
  2. And more recently the kitchen faucet handle?

So I think the carelessness of someone working in my house is what cost me the ten bucks to get a new faucet finial.

No comments: