Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More New Showerheads

We homeowners can get excited about some small-fry things, I know.

But look: contractor-grade fixtures that are built into a project tend to be cheap, yucky, and barely capable of satisfying one's needs. Now, toilets don't matter much to me, and I can't imagine getting worked up about builder-grade potties. But things like faucets and showerheads, now, that's another matter entirely.

So the basic showerhead pictured at right has been in place in the three upstairs bathrooms since the project was completed (I quickly had better showerheads in place in the master bath, because that is not a matter for delay.) And they've been perfectly serviceable, but that's not the kind of shower experience I want for the long-term, and I want the same for my guests. Showers should feel good, cleansing, complete, perhaps even a bit invigorating.

That doesn't mean I went hog-wild or anything, but in early July I did finally get around to obtaining replacement showerheads and installed them while I was home for my vacation time. Here's the new rain can showerhead for the landing bathroom:



And this is the new showerhead in the Van Gogh shower/tub (I put the same kind in the Wyeth shower):



One of these days, I'll get around to publishing some blog entries that tell more about those bathrooms. For now, I think the house tour is incomplete for those of you who've not been here to see all this stuff I've done to this great old house.

No comments: