Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Meal No. 124: Burgers ('cause it's summer)

It was a brutally hot day in Winston-Salem today. Here's a screenshot of the forecast from Accuweather.com:



The promise of storms was a bit nerve-wracking, because this was also to be another outdoor movie night at the Roediger Theatre, and there have been too few screenings so far this summer as it is. (This evening's fare: Return of the Jedi.)



As for the meal tonight: I'm not ashamed of the repetition of grilled burgers for a meal. I'm sure I'll get tired of them by the end of summer, but for now, it's just a summer thing. And having a movie night makes it seem like extra fun if a few people don't mind coming over early for a bite to eat. I decided it was time to have a go at making mac-n-cheese from scratch again, and the result was pretty pleasing.




It was also a good evening to break out the triple layer cheesecake I made yesterday, which proved to be dee-licious.



For the 13 people who came to the movie night, I also had some fresh-made butter rum toffee cappuccino chip cookies available for snacking.

No comments: