Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Film Cut: Post-Inception Grass-Mowing

It is a heat wave here in Winston-Salem, by gosh. Upper 90s, as high as 99 forecast for Saturday. Blistering.

This afternoon proved to be just right for dashing up to the Steak-N-Shake on the north side of town, followed by the late-day matinee showing of Christopher Nolan's Inception. I'll tell you what: I really like Christopher Nolan, going all the way back to Memento, which is still one of my favorite movies of all time.

There was still just a hint of daylight when I got back to the house, and the grass has needed mowing but it's been too darned hot, so I thought I'd see if I could pull it off. I did, but it was still baking even in the evening dusk. I hustled and got it done, but I was drenched nonetheless and could get no relief afterwards when I tried sitting on the front porch to cool down.

No comments: