Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2010

World Cup Coffee Cake

It's Saturday morning at the start of the FIFA World Cup soccer ("football") action taking place in South Africa. Some dedicated and hard-core fans of the matches were hitting 6th & Vine early this morning before work to take in some of the coverage. Seemed to me a good opportunity to bake up a Bundt coffee cake to serve warm whilst we watched. But doggone it, I've got to get a handle on incorporating the swirl into it. I've been making this coffee cake for 25 years, I bet, and I've lost my touch with the good stuff that should nestle into the moist, flavorful cake. So it settles down to the bottom and ends up sticking to the pan.

Nonetheless, in spite of the unfortunate aesthetics of it, all but a single piece was gone by the time I left late morning. So I'm hoping that means folks enjoyed it.

No comments: