Search RoHo Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Weekend Houseguests

It was a distinct pleasure to be able to host Tim Schwarz and Andrea Bond when they were visiting North Carolina for the week. It's been a while since there have been weekend guests and I think I was getting rusty with my inn-keeping skills. But they were easy to have around and it was terrific to have them here.

I came in just ahead of them from working the previous four days in Virginia, so there would be no cooking when they arrived Thursday. Instead, we enjoyed a long visit on the upstairs porch over a variety of beers, joined somewhere along the way by another former student, Bradley Phillis. Dinner was out at Moselle's, just up from the house on Fourth Street, and it was delicious. (The waiter overdid it, but to each his own.)

And on Friday evening, I really wanted them to take in the great food at 6th & Vine, followed by a drink or two at Single Brothers on Trade Street.

Definitely a good time.

No comments: