Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shady Spot Gives Me the Willards

My happy quarter-acre in the heart of downtown Winston-Salem looks very urban and industrial if you take a wide shot of it from up on the parking deck across the street. But in summer, when the trees get all leafed out, there are some terrific shady spots.

Like this area, at the back corner of the parking lot:



Which is where a driver for Willard Cab Company decided he would pull up into and park for a while so that he could get out of the hot sun. But that ain't what I bought the lot for, so I sent him on his way. Like I want his oil dripping on my driveway?

But that's a long, long way from when I first bought the house back in 2003, and that corner of the lot was where I watched a drug deal go down around 6:30 one morning. Times, and the neighborhood, have sure changed.

No comments: